Chronic pain conditions require a multifaceted approach to treatment. PaRC’s Pain Recovery Program addresses the bio-psycho-social factors that contribute to chronic pain. We teach patients physical, mental and behavioral techniques that assist them in living life fully and achieving pain relief and management without reliance on addictive medications.
Pain Recovery Program
Goals of the Pain Recovery Program
PaRC’s team of physicians and specialists evaluate, treat, educate and guide the chronic pain sufferer through the process of pain and addiction recovery. Two primary goals of PaRC’s Houston Pain Recovery Program are pain relief to the highest degree possible and stopping or reversing the negative impact and downward course of a patient’s pain condition, lifestyle, work, interpersonal relationships and overall wellbeing.
We utilize traditional and non-traditional pain recovery solutions and approaches to address the patient’s concerns. Our goal is to help the patient achieve relief from pain and continue to build long-term pain and addiction recovery.
Other goals of the program:
- Establish a daily routine that helps manage symptoms
- Resume daily activity, leisure and recreation
- Increase activity levels and endurance
- Increase functional ability
- Decrease the number of physician office visits for the pain condition
- Acquire tools, techniques and skills to manage the pain without narcotic medications
- Minimize pain behaviors
- Transition back to work
- Reduce reliance on healthcare professionals by improving the patient’s ability to self-manage pain
Pain Recovery Program Elements
Each patient’s case is unique. Therefore, pain management techniques and treatment for chronic pain sufferers will involve a variety of therapies which may include:
- Physical therapy
- Behavioral therapy
- Nutrition for pain recovery
- Neurolumen therapy
- Sleep regulation
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management and coping skills
- Acupuncture treatment for alternative pain relief
- Mindfulness and biofeedback
- Communication and interpersonal skills training
- Exercise for pain recovery
- Pain flare-up and relapse prevention
- Substance abuse education and counseling
- Non-habit-forming medications as appropriate
PaRC offers the following levels of care and services in the Pain Recovery Program:
- Medical detox
- Residential treatment
- Partial day treatment
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Aftercare program
- Family education and support
For more information about the program, please contact:
Traci Gauen, LPC-S, LCDC
Manager of Chemical Dependency – Pain Recovery Program
P (713) 329-7428
Levels of care are determined upon assessment. Not all levels of care are available for direct admit.
Struggling with addiction?
No matter the question, we can help.