Addiction is a family disease which affects not only the individual but also their family. PaRC provides an intensive Family Program to support family members as well as the individual who is in treatment. This includes education as well as interfacing with other families who are going through the same things in regard to their love one’s addiction.
Family Services & Support
Family Addiction Treatment: Cause, Control, Cure
While loved ones are engaged in PaRC’s, Family Program, they learn three important concepts: they did not cause the addiction; they cannot control the addiction; and they cannot cure the addiction. Family drug treatment encompasses learning about the contributing factors that lead to addiction. During family recovery, they also receive counseling. PaRC helps families cope with their emotions around their loved one’s addiction and the ramifications of the misuse of drugs or alcohol. PaRC teaches them how to protect themselves from the effects of addiction and how to support their loved one’s recovery while also healing themselves.
Take the First Step to Recovery
Contact Us | Refer a Patient
Our Family Drug Rehab Program includes:
- Family Orientation. You will attend this orientation once. The group is led by a family counselor. It will help you understand what family drug addiction rehab support is available at PaRC. You will learn what to expect from your loved one and from PaRC staff while your family member is in treatment. Your questions will be addressed so that you feel comfortable knowing what our treatment at PaRC entails.
- Family Education. This is free for one year. This is a four-week series led by a PaRC counselor. It includes education and meetings on many topics. You will learn about addiction and the 12 steps. You will learn to better communicate with your family members. Topics such as codependency, enabling and boundaries will be discussed. Additionally, the roles of a family and support groups that are available for family members to start their own healing and recovery are explored.
- Family Rehab Parent Group. The group is a safe environment for parents to talk about being the parent of someone with addiction.
- Family Process Group. This is free for one year. The group is led by licensed counselors. Family members address feelings, concerns, struggles and triumphs.
- Family Aftercare Program. This is free for one year. The program is available to patients’ families. Attendance begins while the patient is in treatment and continues for one year after discharge. Groups are led by trained aftercare facilitators. They encourage and teach families how to strengthen their recovery tools.
- Al-Anon meetings. Al-Anon is a 12-step program for anyone who has been affected by someone else’s addiction. Meetings help loved ones create a more peaceful lifestyle.
- Two-Day Family Workshop. We encourage patients to invite their families to attend this workshop. This will usually take after the patient’s second week in treatment at PaRC.
“I want to express my appreciation for all the family classes I attended. The Two-Day Family Program was informative and real. PaRC has world-class programs. All of the PaRC team members I have met in the past month have been very knowledgeable. They were helpful and super nice. It is good to know PaRC is there when I need them. Thanks to all the PaRC staff.” – Edsel D.
Family Drug Rehab Services Schedule
|Parent Group||Monday||5:30 – 6:45 p.m. Wilford Board Room|
|Al-Anon Meeting||Tuesday||7 – 8 p.m. Wilford Room|
|Patient/Family Education||Wednesday||6 – 7 p.m. Degner Room|
|Family Orientation||Wednesday||6 – 7:15 p.m. Wilford Board Room|
|Multi Family Process Group||Wednesday||7:30 – 8:45 p.m. Wilford Room|
|Al-Anon Meeting||Friday||8 – 9 p.m. Wilford Room|
|Patient and Family Aftercare||Saturday||9 – 10:45 a.m. Various Locations|
|Family Orientation||Saturday||11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Family Room 1|
|Patient/Family Education||Sunday||1:30 – 3 p.m. Degner Room|
|Two-Day Family Workshop||Thursday, Friday||By appointment only|
Struggling with addiction?
No matter the question, we can help.